NO

Author Topic: GetGUIThreadInfo API function  (Read 7994 times)

ivanhv

GetGUIThreadInfo API function
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:46:03 PM »
Is GetGUIThreadInfo working for Windows CE?

It should be found at USER32.DLL.

I linked against USER32.LIB but, although compiler's fine, linker stopped with an unresolved external symbol error.

I tried with both single and multi threaded static libs.

I'm not sure, but I believe that MSDN confirms function's existance on CE platforms.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: GetGUIThreadInfo API function
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:35:25 PM »
I can't find GetGUIThreadInfo() in my Windows Mobile 5.0 documentation, the answer should be 'no'.

(user32.dll is for desktop Windows only, not Windows CE)
/Pelle

ivanhv

GetGUIThreadInfo API function
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
I think you're right. I did my search without positive results, too.

USER32.lib is not for CE development, of course. It was silly trying to link against.

But I'm confused. This function is located at WINUSER.H. It is not protected with "#ifndef _WINCE". This way, I can compile my code (although incorrect, as long as the API is not usable from CE platforms).

I don't know how to handle my problem without using this function (I could with AttachThreadInput as an alternative, but this is defined neither for WinCE).

Problem is: I need to get the handle to the focused window, that is a child (or descendant) of a known window (I got the handle), but this last is not in the current working thread (so I'm not able to get it just with GetFocus()). How can I do it without those API calls?

Hope any of you has addressed the problem before (and got the solution :lol: )

dhoom

Re: GetGUIThreadInfo API function
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:52:13 AM »
I tried with both single and multi threaded static libs.

I'm not sure, but I believe that MSDN confirms function's existance on CE platforms.