NO

Author Topic: Hiding Menu Item  (Read 4952 times)

Raedwulf

Hiding Menu Item
« on: February 26, 2007, 07:34:05 AM »
Just a question -> how do you hide a menu item (easily?) and make it reappear? The menu is done by using a menu resource.
I'm trying to make a simple recent file list, so it hides recent files that don't exist/ and haven't been made.

Do i have to add/remove them manually with api?

cheers.

JohnF

Hiding Menu Item
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:48:17 AM »
I think you must do it manually.

======================
The DeleteMenu function deletes an item from the specified menu. If the menu item opens a menu or submenu, this function destroys the handle to the menu or submenu and frees the memory used by the menu or submenu.

Syntax

BOOL DeleteMenu(          HMENU hMenu,
    UINT uPosition,
    UINT uFlags
);
Parameters

hMenu
[in] Handle to the menu to be changed.

uPosition
[in] Specifies the menu item to be deleted, as determined by the uFlags parameter.

uFlags
[in] Specifies how the uPosition parameter is interpreted. This parameter must be one of the following values.

MF_BYCOMMAND
Indicates that uPosition gives the identifier of the menu item. The MF_BYCOMMAND flag is the default flag if neither the MF_BYCOMMAND nor MF_BYPOSITION flag is specified.

MF_BYPOSITION
Indicates that uPosition gives the zero-based relative position of the menu item.

Return Value

If the function succeeds, the return value is nonzero.

If the function fails, the return value is zero. To get extended error information, call GetLastError.

Remarks

The application must call the DrawMenuBar function whenever a menu changes, whether or not the menu is in a displayed window.
======================

John

Raedwulf

Hiding Menu Item
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
Cheers :D.