NO

Author Topic: custom-menu add-on, right-click quick-help, and a few more..  (Read 5556 times)

reynoldlariza

custom-menu add-on, right-click quick-help, and a few more..
« on: November 25, 2004, 02:40:55 PM »
Hi im using PellesC for 3 months now for my self-study in C language programming.

its not really that important. However it would be great if the Custom menu will allow adding not only just exe files, but also *.bat, *.hlp, *.com, *.htm,*.doc,*.txt, etc.

I know this can be solved easily ( I made an executable wrapper which uses ShellExecute() API :) )

But it would be great if its integrated with PellesC.

Also another suggestion is if the right-click menu in any Win32 API functions (on the IDE) will open-up the Win32.hlp and go straight to the topic selected. Same with PellesC library functions. This can really help especially for newbies who aren't yet fully familliared with API/library/ANSI/Standard functions. :)

While thinking, i have also thought about DirectX, can PellesC build a DirectX applications? using DirectX SDK 8? or 9?

that's all for now, thanks for the good product :)

Another thing, I wan't to know if you really mean the "Free for Professional use", coz I'm using many compilers majority are free, however there's a strict for using it for personal use only, which is kind'a odd. So I like to know more clearly the "LICENSE TYPE" of PellesC.

btw, i like the animated gif from the "home" page, it really made me laugh :lol: , I usually do that to myself :lol:

Thanks, and I wish more improvements for this awesome c ide/compiler.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: custom-menu add-on, right-click quick-help, and a few mo
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 06:51:13 PM »
Quote from: "reynoldlariza"
its not really that important. However it would be great if the Custom menu will allow adding not only just exe files, but also *.bat, *.hlp, *.com, *.htm,*.doc,*.txt, etc.

Well, *.hlp and *.chm can be added to the help menu (Tools -> Customize -> Help files). If you want to run *.bat, specify CMD.EXE or COMMAND.COM (depending on your Windows version) as the command, and use someting like /C <bat-file> as the arguments (see Windows documentation for the exact syntax). If you use EXPLORER.EXE, you can probably show *.htm files etc. too.

Also another suggestion is if the right-click menu in any Win32 API functions (on the IDE) will open-up the Win32.hlp and go straight to the topic selected. Same with PellesC library functions. This can really help especially for newbies who aren't yet fully familliared with API/library/ANSI/Standard functions. :)

If you right-click on a C runtime function -for example memset- the context menu should have an entry 'Help about: memset'. If you use F1 (not the context menu) on a Win32 keyword, and either have the Platform SDK installed, or have installed win32.hlp (or something similar) as the first custom help file, you should get help about the keyword ( in a perfect world, at least... ;) ).

While thinking, i have also thought about DirectX, can PellesC build a DirectX applications? using DirectX SDK 8? or 9?

There are two DirectX samples included with Pelles C: Animate and Vertex - both for DirectX 8. DirectX 9 seems to be more targeted at C++ - I havn't managed to get it working...

Another thing, I wan't to know if you really mean the "Free for Professional use", coz I'm using many compilers majority are free, however there's a strict for using it for personal use only, which is kind'a odd. So I like to know more clearly the "LICENSE TYPE" of PellesC.

Yes, it's free - even for commercial use. If you start making money from applications written in Pelles C, I would very much appreciate a donation - but it's not required.

Thanks, and I wish more improvements for this awesome c ide/compiler.

Thanks! :)

Pelle
/Pelle