NO

Author Topic: C Library  (Read 5032 times)

BrPain

C Library
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:06:10 AM »
hello, i need to know is there any c library for oo like (object oriented) win32 programming? something like windowsx.h in pellesc but with all the functions defined? example: with windowsx.h to disable/enable button i can write Button_Enable() and there's no need to write EnableWindow(), something like shortcut's for functions, it would be much easier for me to work if i have something like that, i have searched on google but found only for c++, i am delphi programmer, started learning c few day's ago. tnx in advance.

p.s. sorry for my bad english.

JohnF

Re: C Library
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
hello, i need to know is there any c library for oo like (object oriented) win32 programming? something like windowsx.h in pellesc but with all the functions defined? example: with windowsx.h to disable/enable button i can write Button_Enable() and there's no need to write EnableWindow(), something like shortcut's for functions, it would be much easier for me to work if i have something like that, i have searched on google but found only for c++, i am delphi programmer, started learning c few day's ago. tnx in advance.

p.s. sorry for my bad english.

The short answer is no. The longer answer is - windowsx.h is not OO, Button_Enable() and all those other calls are just macros, sometimes convenient sometimes they don't save much. To work with the Win32 API's you will need to frequently reference the M.S. MSDN library where all the API's are described.

John

BrPain

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
yes, i say'd like oo :) my english is bad so i cant explain myself, well macros, can i find some headers that contain macros for all the functions?

p.s. i have visual studio 2008 and msdn library installed, it is a lot of work to go thru the library because its 4+gb..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:05:52 PM by BrPain »

JohnF

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 02:17:44 PM »
yes, i say'd like oo :) my english is bad so i cant explain myself, well macros, can i find some headers that contain macros for all the functions?

No as it would be pointless. For example take the API SetRect, what would be the point in anything different.

Code: [Select]
BOOL SetRect(
  LPRECT lprc, // rectangle
  int xLeft,   // left side
  int yTop,    // top side
  int xRight,  // right side
  int yBottom  // bottom side
);

p.s. i have visual studio 2008 and msdn library installed, it is a lot of work to go thru the library because its 4+gb..

Try using search. ;)

John

BrPain

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:49:46 AM »
:D ok. man, tnx for the help :)