NO

Author Topic: Cannot focus back to debugging program  (Read 3912 times)

Ngan Lo

Cannot focus back to debugging program
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »
I don't know if this is just me, or anyone else experienced this.

when I'm debugging a program, the debugger normally stopped on break-point, after checking the debug values, I click run to continue the program, but the focus just cannot back to the program, all I can do is, break the debugger (Debug -> Break), & run again (Debug -> Go) then the focus now can back to the program...  :(

anyone had this problem or it's just me ?  ???

JohnF

Re: Cannot focus back to debugging program
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 06:10:11 PM »
You have to click in the main code window first before continuing then the debug/go should again be visible.

John

Ngan Lo

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
hi, John, thx for your reply.

I understand I need to click back to the main code window to continue, I am continuing to debug the program (let say "app_a") by click debug/go, but the "app_a" just not focus back, it even cannot refresh it's contents, I can drag "app_a" to anywhere, but it's content just not refreshing. as I said in the 1st post, I need to go back to IDE, click debug/break (debugger will stops at some ASM codes) and click debug/go to make "app_a" back to normal focus / update, a little bit weird... :(

severach

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 12:59:33 AM »
Something must be up with your application. I can breakpoint in my dialog box application just about anywhere and it will function correctly after F5-Go. The only time the application is non functional is while waiting at the breakpoint.

Ngan Lo

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 09:35:42 AM »
maybe it's really my own application problem, I'm just not sure, if there is no one had the same debugging problem like mine, looks like I have to dig to my application to see what happen... :P

thanks guys

JohnF

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »
Try and reproduce the problem on a different app.

John