NO

Author Topic: poide 7.00.2: Probleme with resource editor  (Read 3684 times)

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
poide 7.00.2: Probleme with resource editor
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
With the new editor, I get very often the this message:
"Fehler beim Schreiben in die Datei 'main.rc'.
Es wurde versucht, auf eine unzulässige Adresse zuzugreifen
."
(Sorry for the german language, but I use the german GUI, the free translation will be:
"Error at writing the file 'main.rc'.
It was tried to read a illegal adress
.")

I think, I get this error message after changing the name of dialog elements. And after this message I can write the resource file and the old resource file is deleted. :(
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
Re: poide 7.00.2: Probleme with resource editor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »
Not fixed in Pelles C 7.00 RC2. :(

I hope, there is a better description of the problem.

In the attached example, there is a dialog. At the top left of this dialog is a text field with the id IDD_TEXT_0. If you rename this id to IDD_TEXT_00 and again back to IDD_TEXT_0 the IDE crashes. :(

I hope, this helps you to find the bug and you can fix it. ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:37:32 PM by AlexN »
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »
As I tried to say in the annoncement for RC2, I can only fix problems that I can reproduce. This was a problem I couldn't reproduce, but I will look at the attached file to see if I have more "luck"...
/Pelle

Offline daniel_bingamon

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
I've had this same problem about 3 or 4 times and I have a little information to offer:

1. I think it occurred after I used "Find in Files" and then clicked the Save button to save the .RC updates.
2. The original .RES file is untouched.
3. The resource file and other things are saveable.
4. I can open the .RC dialogs and print out pictures of them and then I write in the definitions as a means of recovering.  It's interesting that you can print them.
5. I tried to save it under a different name, a different drive and it will not save the .RC once this error arises.
  a.  After you select the new folder for the .RC it goes to asking for a new folder for the .H resource file then after that it errors out.

6. It would be nice to have an RCBAK file created that is one step behind as a recovery measure or transfer the old .rc file into the recycle bin as an alternate recovery measure.

7. I had upgrade my PC to Windows 7 earlier this year, prior to that it never did this in XP.

I know how difficult it is to deal with any problem that is not easily reproducible, that is the nature of any program debugging.  I hope that my information can be useful.
Regardless of occasional problems, I still find that Pelles C is an excellent program and I have been using it for several years now in measuring production airflow and the executables are running on several hundred Airflow machines around the world.