Pelles C forum > General discussion

Spammers....

(1/4) > >>

CommonTater:
Maybe it's time to install the "type what you see" image thing for new accounts?

This last couple of days have been ridiculous for spam...

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: CommonTater on September 28, 2012, 03:10:16 PM ---Maybe it's time to install the "type what you see" image thing for new accounts?

This last couple of days have been ridiculous for spam...

--- End quote ---
That's not going to help anything, as those a human drones and therefor will defeat whatever method you come up with.
Only thing that helps is a few vigilant moderators that zap the crap and the users posting it as quick as possible...

Ralf

tbohon:
Agree with Bitbeisser ... someone needs to scan the forums periodically, zap the spam and block the users who posted it.  For example there is one right now in this same forum - some kind of joint pain treatment.

Alternatively maybe there is a way that we could notify someone when we find a suspicious posting ... ???

Stefan Pendl:
I have been cleaning out the spam from last night today in the morning, which were about 30 messages.

I haven't seen so much spam here for a long time, seems Christmas is near.

CommonTater:

--- Quote from: Stefan Pendl on September 28, 2012, 06:47:39 PM ---I have been cleaning out the spam from last night today in the morning, which were about 30 messages.

I haven't seen so much spam here for a long time, seems Christmas is near.

--- End quote ---

A veritable flood of bad tasting meat byproducts... :D

The type what you see thing will stop a robot but not a human...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version