NO

Author Topic: Version 8.00 Release Candidate 4 is now available  (Read 9115 times)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Version 8.00 Release Candidate 4 is now available
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »
Pelles C version 8.00 Release Candidate 4 is now available for download:
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/download.htm

Major changes:
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/changes_700_800.htm

RC4 changes:
  • Upgraded to SQLite 3.8.4.3.
  • Revised the Browse Information builder to expand some macros, and evaluate some preprocessor expressions, for slightly better information.
  • Added attempt to show hidden console window before waiting for keypress in idespawn.exe.
  • Added compiler support, in Microsoft mode only, for zero-sized array in union, and incomplete type in sizeof. Also, all '__w64' keywords are simply ignored.
  • Added status bar text of fully qualified filename for projects on the start page (if same project name in multiple locations, f.e.).
  • Removed linker attempt to convert Microsoft undocumented 'v4' CodeView information.
  • Removed possibility to use a break statement in the body of an OpenMP loop (not valid).
  • Added resource compiler option /M to display MAKE dependencies.
  • Fixed dialog editor crash when changing font to a longer name than previously used.
  • Fixed debugger problem with dangling binary search tree pointers (only happened when CodeView information was poor, and the debugger tried COFF information instead).
  • Fixed compiler problem with dead store elimination before a function with an optimized-away return value.
  • Fixed compiler problem with incomplete check of the shape of a (nested) conditional operator tree, when optimizing, and the condition involved a non-register type (like a floating-point value on X86).
  • Fixed compiler problem with too aggressive demotion of multiplication in a condition.
  • Fixed compiler problem with register allocation for an atomic assignment involving [un]signed long long (X86).
  • Fixed compiler code generation problem with multiple post-increments of the same pointer in a condition (X86, X64).
  • Fixed atomic_load() and atomic_load_explicit() as per C11 Defect Report #459 (still open, by adding const seems like a good thing).
  • Fixed typo in msxml6.h.
  • Fixed several typos in the help file.

/Pelle
/Pelle

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Version 8.00 Release Candidate 4 is now available
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 02:51:31 AM »
Thanks Pelle for continuously working on this!

Edit: Well, Stockholm, we have a problem!  :-\

When trying to install the RC4 64bit download on my laptop, just as I have done with the previous versions, the install process will hang at installing/copying pocrt.dll.
Can't close the window, [cancel] button doesn't work anyway, have to end the setup process through the task manager.

Host is Windows 8.1 64bit, run as administrator on an account that has administrator right to begin with.

Ralf
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:09:20 AM by Bitbeisser »

JohnF

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 07:30:34 AM »
No problem installing here.

John

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
Edit: Well, Stockholm, we have a problem!  :-\

When trying to install the RC4 64bit download on my laptop, just as I have done with the previous versions, the install process will hang at installing/copying pocrt.dll.
Can't close the window, [cancel] button doesn't work anyway, have to end the setup process through the task manager.

Host is Windows 8.1 64bit, run as administrator on an account that has administrator right to begin with.
Perhaps you had an open program which uses pocrt.dll (a runtime dll of Pelles C). Then it could not be overwritten.

Alex ;)
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:47:24 AM »
Perhaps you had an open program which uses pocrt.dll (a runtime dll of Pelles C). Then it could not be overwritten.

Alex ;)
Nope, happened after a clean reboot.
But it turned out to be an issue with Avast! anti-virus, though it would just hang, not result in the usual pop-up message with a false alarm by checking against the RTL instead of a real virus/malware...
Disabled Avast for 10 inutes and install went through fine, will hopefully have some time this evening to play with it...

Ralf

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
Makes you wonder which is worst - viruses or anti-virus programs...
/Pelle

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 08:35:10 PM »
Makes you wonder which is worst - viruses or anti-virus programs...
3rd party anti-virus on Windows 8(.1)...

I really love those easy and simple days of Windows XP right about now... :'(

I had more issues with Windows 8 on my new laptop for the last 3 months that I have it now than I had with Windows 7 and Windows XP in the last 10 years on all of my PCs combined... >:(

Ralf

player55

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »
Currently, on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, compiling a file using
Code: [Select]
cc main.c throws many "unresolved external symbol" errors because the default target is 32-bit while the default library directory is the 64-bit one. See this thread for more details, as this issue was also present in Pelles C 7.00.

Additionally, I think it would be nice if the cc application had the same switches (aliases?) as gcc so that code can be compiled using the same commands across gcc, clang, Pelles C, etc.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:27:43 PM by player55 »