NO

Author Topic: Line number background colors...  (Read 2200 times)

GypsyPrince

Line number background colors...
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:28:00 AM »
If you notice I've made other posts about either the line numbers background colors, or the syntax coloring.  If I become annoying in doing so, I sincerely apologize.  I have a visual abnormality whereby if words are all the same color they tend to jumble together and I have to read very slowly to separate the words.  I used to have to read textbooks in school with colored sheets of transparent cellophane over the pages so I could read like everyone else.  So, you can understand why syntax coloring is very important to me.

I'm not sure if this one is actually a bug or is just the way the programming the IDE worked out.  So, if it's not a bug just ignore me.  I thought I'd bring this to your attention just incase you didn't know about it.  But, I noticed that the background coloring for the line numbers doesn't always go down to the bottom of the text window as with other IDEs.  Both the line numbers and the background coloring seem to stop whereever the code stops.

Again, it's probably not a bug but I though I'd bring it up just in case.

Thanks!

GypsyPrince

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Line number background colors...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »
Dear GypsyPrince,
unfortunately there is no way to change background  colours of windows other than the editor.
Honestly up to now nobody ever minded of such option.
It is per sure not a bug, but a feature request.
Let see if Pelle will take into account it, in the meanwhile there should be a way to do it using addins, but it's not quite easy ...  :-\
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide