NO

Author Topic: another reported bug soaked into "release" 32 bit version Pelles C 8.0  (Read 3271 times)

dizergin

:(   >:(   The "New" (source) file button does not work  within (at least) a console project. So It is impossible  to add new source file by means of the button (on the toolbar). Workabouts the problem - one can achieve that  with "Add to project" popups menu item... The bug effects 32 bit "release" version of Pelles C  only.

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
Check MaxFileSize value from registry or xml-file,
May the source be with you

dizergin

Check MaxFileSize value from registry or xml-file,
What is in it for me? I never changed it manually so it is pure bug... Within 64 bit version of the Pelles C I saw no such problem even in RC6..
in the "portable" (also not properly working) RC6 32 bit version MaxFileSize=1073741824 in xml file
in working 64 bit release portable  version  we got the same 1073741824 value for
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:44:23 AM by dizergin »

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
In poide 32-bit it should be like  0x08000000 in registry or 134217728 in xml-file.
May the source be with you

dizergin

In poide 32-bit it should be like  0x08000000 in registry or 134217728 in xml-file.
even so... Do you want to say me that it is not the bag but the cunning feature? or that Pelles's C users must like swines  go through the dirt for some truffle under every circumstance? For me It is shame for releasers to let soak into the release reported bug. Especially taking in the account such obvious things -
1. Pelles C is not from modern rich interfaced IDE's (main toolbar  has just about dozen buttons and a couple from does not work! just SHAME AND BLAME UPON!)  >:(
2. The PellesC  end-user interface did not much change since previous version
3. The bug is "on the sight"  for everybody

of course  the bound to Pelles C user can find workabouts for the bug.... like the pig can find a truffle in the mud.  :( - but what you can say about newcomers...
Look upon the bug with debuggin' - Can you really imagine any C-related problem resolved without debugger? So, I feel, that the real problem is that developers treat Pelles C users as swines (pigs).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:38:34 AM by dizergin »