NO

Author Topic: Cern researchers confirm existence of Force!  (Read 4356 times)

JohnF

Snowman

Re: Cern researchers confirm existence of Force!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:40 PM »
So to be serious for a moment, now we are here:
  • We don't know what dark matter is (it's undetectable matter that increases the mass of galaxies).
  • We don't know what dark energy is (it's unexplained force that is the opposite of gravity, pushing galaxies apart).
  • We are still investigating antimatter (which "annihilates" with normal matter to create light).

I want the scientists to decipher the mysteries of the Universe as soon as they can, preferably in my lifetime.
Right now I wonder, can light be split up into matter and antimatter?

JohnF

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »
  • We don't know what dark matter is (it's undetectable matter that increases the mass of galaxies).
  • We don't know what dark energy is (it's unexplained force that is the opposite of gravity, pushing galaxies apart).
  • We are still investigating antimatter (which "annihilates" with normal matter to create light).

I want the scientists to decipher the mysteries of the Universe as soon as they can, preferably in my lifetime.

Well, I don't know! :)

According to classical physics matter and energy are interchangeable so maybe in the future it will be possible.

John

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:31:22 AM »

On a physic point of view this normally happen, in large accellerators the collinding particles creates other particles which mass is bigger than the elementary accellerated particles. Basically the accelleration energy creates matter (different from the preexistent particles).
You may want look here, or here.
Of course going from a lump of AA cells to a gold stone needs more time and study... ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:33:16 AM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide