NO

Author Topic: New Release...  (Read 2982 times)

GypsyPrince

New Release...
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:49:07 PM »
Any idea as to when Pelle might issue a new release for this super-amazing application?

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: New Release...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »
At the moment ... when he likes.  :(
Anyway I expect something really new, after OMP maybe an MSIL output/linking?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:25:27 PM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

Snowman

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 10:52:15 AM »
I remember once reading on the official site that Pelle is willing to sell the source code but now I can't find the text. However if that's true couldn't Pelles C be converted to an open-source project?

Of course that's not necessarily a good idea; look at Orwell Dev-C++ which seems abandoned and nobody contributes to it despite being open-source. Then again, it is written in Delphi so that may be why. Then there would be the possibilities for pointless forking... imagine 5 new versions of Pelles C, none of them named "Pelles C".  :)

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »
PelleC sources have always been for sell. This is the main reason for PellesC development, and font of income for Pelle.
Pelle sell the sources, but give free licence for use for personal and commercial products.
And the main scope of this forum is to test and debug the product.
This doesn't mean that Pelle want sell the sources and run away.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide