NO

Author Topic: Stopped compile and run  (Read 2482 times)

dmor5773

Stopped compile and run
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:08:20 PM »
I am using Version 8.00.60   (Win64) testing some simple example console code which has been fun and gone well until today when the IDE seems to freeze and indicates "Building main.obj" when asked to either build or run the code.  Nothing then happens. Any control  of the IDE is lost and I have to use the task manager to exit the application. Is there a smart fix or do I re-install Pelles C in the hope it will work correctly once again?

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Stopped compile and run
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »
Create a new project, a simple helloworld is fine, and try to build and run. If it works could be a problem with text formatting in your code (i.e a nested or unclosed comment or strange escaping or involuntary trigraph).
You can also try removing last modification you made to your source and recompile and run again.
If the two trials solve the problem this could be a very rare bug that hangs the source scanner on some even more very rare context.
In this case please post the code under ""Bug Reports" section of the forum.
Else try to reinstall PellesC.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

dmor5773

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:58:57 AM »
Thank you for your reply frankie.  I just created a new project with the code below and when trying to build and run the IDE freezes as before.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{
   int a=54325;
   char buffer[20];
   itoa(a,buffer,2);
   printf("Binary value = %s\n",buffer);
   return 0;
}

I will try to re-install Pelles C

dmor5773

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
No luck so far. I have uninstalled and re installed twice and whether I start a new or previous working project the IDE still hangs as previously reported. I am running on Windows 10. Could there be some registry entry holding some entry for a compile still in process that can be deleted to get me up and running again?