NO

Author Topic: Bug with “newline at end of file”, bug with additional CHM help file  (Read 3615 times)

iZzz32

Latest Pelles C, Windows 98 SE (didn’t tested in XP).

CHM help hangs up.

• Add any CHM help file to Tools->Customize->Help Files.
• Select Help->Contents. Pelles C internal help window opens.
• Switch back to Pelles C and select Help->[Your CHM Help File]. Help window opens, and both help windows hang up.

Editor sometimes (when there is no newline at the end of file?) inserts random characters at the end of file.

• File->New->Project->Win32 Console Program (EXE).
• File->New source code.
• Type “int main(void) {return 0;}” (without “” of course; don’t copy-paste; don’t press Enter).
• File->Save, “main.c”. Yes, you want to add it to the current project.
• It says that it cannot add file to a project because “target file cannot be determined from the source files extension”. (Btw, why does IDE look into a source code, why file extension is not enough?)
• Open “main.c” with hex-editor and you will see bytes 0x0d 0x43 after closing curly bracket. 0x43 can be any random byte and compiler produces many funny messages when it is 0x00. For example, today I got the following when tried to compile my project:
Building main.obj.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(1): warning #1039: [ISO] No newline at end of file.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(2): error #2036: Illegal character '\x0'.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(2): error #2036: Illegal character '\x23'.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(2): warning #2099: Missing type specifier.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(2): error #2001: Syntax error: found '7' - expecting ';'.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(2): error #2156: Unrecognized declaration.
Y:\Projects\foo\bar.h(2): warning #2176: Unrecognized character escape sequence '\P'.
…and so on…

---
2 frags bugs left (sometimes IDE wipes out a source code and sometimes I cannot close debugger). :-)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
I will look at, but I will not waste much more time trying to get things working on Windows 9X...
/Pelle

iZzz32

Thank you.
• On Windows XP SP2 Pelles C inserts 0x0d 0x0a instead of 0x0a leaving no place for random characters :-)
• CHM help hangs up on Windows XP SP2 too.

Pelles C refuses to save zero-length files (not a bug?)
When I delete all from header file and try save it, Pelles C refuses to save such file (9x/XP).

Offline Robert

I just added the BCX Help file to the Pelle's IDE on my Windows XP machine and there is no problem here.

Robert Wishlaw