NO

Author Topic: PellesC 4.0 Goto definition bug  (Read 4507 times)

RJP Computing

PellesC 4.0 Goto definition bug
« on: August 16, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
I just installed PellesC 4.0 beta 2 and now I can't seem to get the "right-click->Goto the definition: ...." to work for defines, typedef, or structs. I found this very useful and I hope I just have to change a setting.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:48:01 PM »
If it is a system/Windows definition - just build a project (any project). The database (sysdefs.tag) will be rebuilt at the end of the first build. It will only happen once - I delete this file during setup, so that it will be rebuilt with any new definitions a new setup may contain...

Pelle
/Pelle

RJP Computing

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:55:19 AM »
Well you were sortof right. It was recreated but only when I deleted the one that was left behind. It was 0 bytes. Very strange it wouldn't recreate it until I deleted it.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 06:43:31 AM »
Quote from: "RJP Computing"
Well you were sortof right. It was recreated but only when I deleted the one that was left behind. It was 0 bytes. Very strange it wouldn't recreate it until I deleted it.

Had that problem with 3.0 ...  What I did was to unclick the "browse information" checkbox in the options tab, exit the IDE, reload and on the next build it recreated the file.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 06:22:19 PM »

I wanted a quick and simple test, so I only check if the file is present.

It seems that SQLite tries to be "helpful" and create a new, empty, database if it's missing (zero bytes long). It must have been like this "forever"...

Pelle
/Pelle

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 09:35:27 PM »
Quote from: "Pelle"

I wanted a quick and simple test, so I only check if the file is present.

It seems that SQLite tries to be "helpful" and create a new, empty, database if it's missing (zero bytes long). It must have been like this "forever"...

Pelle

Could you not add a quick startup check for a 0 length file and use that to trigger your re-build?

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 10:18:36 PM »
Quote from: "ldblake"
Could you not add a quick startup check for a 0 length file and use that to trigger your re-build?

This will not help - I don't want to start a new build for this, I just want to "attach" to the first build made after a Setup. If the user choose "Go to definition of:" without doing a build first, an empty database will be created. I have solved this by checking if the database exists, before trying to open the database (simpler than messing with the SQLite source code).

Pelle
/Pelle