NO

Author Topic: Bad version of xxx.ppj  (Read 3020 times)

hoacin

Bad version of xxx.ppj
« on: February 11, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
Hi, I reinstalled windows and downloaded Pelles C again, but now I can't run old project files (ppj) and also in new project the already written application for Pocket PC started to fail. Any ideas, what could solve any of these problems? Probably they are connected, as the source was OK before installing Windows 7.

CommonTater

Re: Bad version of xxx.ppj
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »
The main reason a .ppj file won't open is if you've backdated to an earlier version of Pelles C.... For example: 6.0 won't open 6.5 projects... that's easily fixed by opening the .ppj in notepad and changing the version number.  POIDE will update projects, but it doesn't backdate them due to new features being added.

Code: [Select]
#
# PROJECT FILE generated by "Pelles C for Windows, version 6.50".
# WARNING! DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
#

POC_PROJECT_VERSION = 6.50#                     <------------  change to match POIDE version
POC_PROJECT_TYPE = 0#
POC_PROJECT_OUTPUTDIR = output#
POC_PROJECT_RESULTDIR = .#
POC_PROJECT_ARGUMENTS = #
POC_PROJECT_WORKPATH = #
POC_PROJECT_EXECUTOR = #

I don't do a lot of Win CE work, so I can't help you with your failing code...
Probably your best bet is to run your programs in debug mode and try to track down the problems... 
The others will probably have more wisdom on this than I.

EDIT: Also check in the "bug reports" section.  There are some problems with the newly added register allocator which may or may not affect CE projects (I'm not sure) but for now you should compile with optimizations set to None. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:42:20 PM by CommonTater »