NO

Author Topic: Missing code when using a combination of comments and view foldings  (Read 2035 times)

neo313

A part of out-commented code vanished while hiding it using view foldings.

That is right, It is impossible to un-fold that part of the code. Any combination of disabling view folding, FoldAll, UnfoldAll, NewWindow didn't help. The lines between 865-972 are gone, and the linenumbers are stuck in that position.

The source file on the disk wasn't affected. A restart of IDE was required to fix this.

The problem is all changes to the file after this bug appeared were silently lost! The file on the disk didn't change, yet the contents in the IDE did. I don't know exactly when this happened. It has something to do with /**/ comments and folding them, while writing code near the folded lines, but not in them.

I would find out how to replicate this, but I'm going to rewrite my code instead...

If this happens to you, make a copy of the file on the disk; copy the entire text in the IDE and save it somewhere.

Just a note: the code missing in the picture wasn't lost, the code written in a different part of the file after this bug happened was lost.

( Win7 32bit,  I'm using the latest version, but I'm pretty sure I saw this bug at least once in previous versions )
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:25:58 AM by neo313 »