Pelles C forum > General discussion

Virus/trojan warnings on installation

(1/4) > >>

Bigstone:
I get different Virus/trojan warnings on installation, and they differ by pointing out different files between days.
(Could bee because of update of the virus list.) I read earlier that Avast is notorious to scream about this, and yepp, I'm using Avast.
Is this something to bee concerned about or is it just a regular "non-action taking" problem?

Pelle:
No complains from other anti-virus programs, so probably false positives. I guess you can always try https://www.virustotal.com ...

Bigstone:
I did try Virustotal and 2 programs reported suspicious warnings but others did so should be good or..?

Edit: Just tried to download again but ran into yet another warning and also a new file this time... again.
Avast has been warning about these 3 files so far:
DPgmGILC.exe.part
cAKrYi2A.exe.part
fggZhpNv.exe.part.
All marked as Win32:TrojanX-gen. How come there is different files showing up with about 6 hours apart?
(Avast has not been updated during this time.)

Pelle:
I have no idea where "DPgmGILC.exe.part", "cAKrYi2A.exe.part", "fggZhpNv.exe.part" are coming from...

frankie:

--- Quote from: Bigstone on December 26, 2021, 03:29:43 PM ---Edit: Just tried to download again but ran into yet another warning and also a new file this time... again.
Avast has been warning about these 3 files so far:
DPgmGILC.exe.part
cAKrYi2A.exe.part
fggZhpNv.exe.part.
All marked as Win32:TrojanX-gen. How come there is different files showing up with about 6 hours apart?
(Avast has not been updated during this time.)

--- End quote ---
Those files aren't part of PellesC distribution. They should be already on your PC.
From where you downloaded the compiler?
Anyway it is clear that you got infested by some virus.
Check from where they come, clean your PC, then reinstall downloading from the official site.
The compiler must be downloaded from the only official site: http://smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version