Pelles C > Add-ins

Named Bookmarks

(1/3) > >>

John Z:
Named Bookmarks Add-in is an adjunct to, not a replacement for, Pelles Bookmarks. It provides a method to set a bookmark location identified by a name, and the ability to return directly to that bookmark location regardless of where the current cursor is in the file.  Many times in development there may be many bookmarks in a source file.  In some cases F4 needs to be used many times to cycle to the desired location.  This is where a Named Bookmark can help.

Set a Named Bookmark at the location (with or without a standard bookmark) and returning to that location is simply a matter of selecting the location from the list, 2 clicks + 1 dblclick, or 4 clicks  :)

This is the new version.  Please read the Readme_ver2.txt for details

SHA256: E28B6D86235AEB2C32A5892026836A4E9B653777E4AA454011229A74893444BA

Old request for this too:
https://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=6640.0

Hope this is useful !

John Z

Updated 11/01/2023 with version 2.1
SHA256: B4CC9D40CFFB4AE3757B32741633613268B9D1CE08C22B3B1AE8AE6854421275

removed attachments of old versions to free upload space

Grincheux:
For me its too long, not easy to use. Would need a window to click on. Like a palette window or a menu displayed with right click.
I have not understood the snippets.
Limitations to 10 is perfect, what useful is to have a lot of bookmarks?
Generally I have one bookmark into the datas and an other one in the code.

Grincheux:
An other idea:
Use Ctrl 0 to Ctrl 9 to go to a bookmark. Or Alt 0 to alt 9...
It's simple and fast.

John Z:

--- Quote from: Grincheux on June 29, 2021, 02:58:29 PM ---For me its too long, not easy to use. Would need a window to click on. Like a palette window or a menu displayed with right click.

--- End quote ---
That is exactly what it has "a window to click on"  See attachment
It uses right click in the source file too  See 2nd attachment

--- Quote from: Grincheux on June 29, 2021, 02:58:29 PM ---Generally I have one bookmark into the datas and an other one in the code.

--- End quote ---
Yes they can be anywhere in the source files.  If only two bookmarks in a source file there is no benefit to using a named bookmark, standard bookmark would be much more efficient.

--- Quote from: Grincheux on June 29, 2021, 02:58:29 PM ---I have not understood the snippets.

--- End quote ---
They are prewritten text that can be inserted into a source window.  BUT it is not required.  Snippets save typing alternatively //bookmark [{abc}] could be typed.

But I understand - the applied effort to use must be less than the any frustration trying to find a specific bookmark location with F4.

The Ctrl+ might be an idea but I'm not sure an ADD-IN can intercept keystrokes without being 'active'

Appreciate all the inputs and thoughts!

John Z

P.S. snippet file attached too.

removed attachment to free upload space.

John Z:
Well,  if I had found this by TimoVJL 
https://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=6641.msg24974#msg24974

I would not have attempted to do yet another one . . . . . anyway good learning experience for me.

Great work Timo! (as usual  :) )

John Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version