NO

Author Topic: Remove pocrt64.dll and MS Extensions Depedencies  (Read 2655 times)

RagnarokUnending

Remove pocrt64.dll and MS Extensions Depedencies
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:33:05 AM »
First of all, Pelles C is great and it is the best C compiler I have ever used. I am trying to write the most pure C code as possible, and I wonder if it is possible to write a Windows program that does not require MS extensions and pocrt64.dll?

Just out of curiosity, why is pocrt64 required when I have Enable Pelles C Extensions unchecked?
What exactly does Enable Microsoft Extensions do under the hood?

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thank you.

JohnF

Re: Remove pocrt64.dll and MS Extensions Depedencies
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
First of all, Pelles C is great and it is the best C compiler I have ever used. I am trying to write the most pure C code as possible, and I wonder if it is possible to write a Windows program that does not require MS extensions and pocrt64.dll?

Just out of curiosity, why is pocrt64 required when I have Enable Pelles C Extensions unchecked?
What exactly does Enable Microsoft Extensions do under the hood?

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Look inside pocrt64.lib and see what it contains, I think that will answer your question.

The MS extensions are required because MS does not strictly follow the C standard so to compile for windows the compiler must add these MS extensions.

As for compiling a windows app without using the two things you mention, well it would make your job intolerable - probably. :)

PellesC extensions include not standard things, search in the help file for /Zx

John