Pelles C > Bug reports

Bug and Access Violations

<< < (3/3)

TimoVJL:
It is possible to use several versions of poide same time.

--- Quote ---/x Turns off the 'single instance' check. [4.00]
/xml Stores all personal settings in the specified XML-file. [5.00]

--- End quote ---
I have used those options many years.

That feature was for beta testing and it is very useful.

Kobold:

--- Quote from: John Z on July 12, 2023, 03:17:11 AM ---Are you using two different computers for v11 vs b12, or are you doing complete uninstall and reinstalls?

--- End quote ---

I'm just overwriting the installation. No uninstall, just run setup.exe for v11 or v12. It will just rebuild the database after install, so it's a matter of a few seconds to switch between versions.

I could also use different installations in VirtualBox, but the installation is not the problem here ;)

In another project I managed to fix an access violation by changing the "Diagnostics" from "Classic" to "Caret". Unfortunately it doesn't help for the JA2 project.
Maybe that's a hint in the right direction? Pelle? :)

Vortex:
Sandboxie is another nice option to test applications :

https://sandboxie-plus.com/

John Z:
Thanks Kobold,

--- Quote from: Kobold on July 12, 2023, 11:58:10 AM ---I'm just overwriting the installation. No uninstall, just run setup.exe for v11 or v12. It will just rebuild the database after install, so it's a matter of a few seconds to switch between versions.

--- End quote ---

This is what I was wondering if you had a way to maintain both database builds :)  But as you say the install is fairly quick.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

John Z

Pelle:
I'm 200% confused. Ignoring this noise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version