Pelles C > Bug reports

Bug and Access Violations

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kobold:

--- Quote from: frankie on July 11, 2023, 04:56:28 PM ---Are you using the last compiler version?

--- End quote ---

No, I wasn't. Been switching between 11 and 12 several times in the last few days.

Just tried with 12.0:

--- Code: ---Building ja2_crash.obj.
fatal error: Internal error: 'Access violation' at 0x00000001401a9cf0.
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.

--- End code ---

I don't get that portability message.
Please note that I'm compiling a 32bit target. However, I got access violations on my main project (64bit) with 12.0, too. That's why I went back to 11.0.

That enum bug seems to be fixed in 12.0.

frankie:

--- Quote from: Kobold on July 11, 2023, 05:36:11 PM ---I don't get that portability message.

--- End quote ---
Enable Level2 warnings.

--- Quote from: Kobold on July 11, 2023, 05:36:11 PM ---Please note that I'm compiling a 32bit target. However, I got access violations on my main project (64bit) with 12.0, too. That's why I went back to 11.0.

--- End quote ---
I'm compiling for 32bits too, in 64 bits mode inline assembler isn't allowed. You should get this error (not access violation!):

--- Code: ---Building ja2_crash.obj.
C:\ja2_crash\ja2_crash.c(74): fatal error #2206: No support for inline assembly code on this target machine.
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.

--- End code ---
Please check again your installation.
You may want remove PellesC, remove directories by hand, clean registry keys, then make a fresh install.

--- Quote from: Kobold on July 11, 2023, 05:36:11 PM ---That enum bug seems to be fixed in 12.0.

--- End quote ---
Infact it is  ;)

Kobold:

--- Quote from: frankie on July 11, 2023, 10:06:03 PM ---Please check again your installation.

--- End quote ---

In Reply #4 you confirmed the access violation with your installation. So the problem is not in my installation, it's in the compiler.

I have some more code that causes access violations when compiling.
Some functions with and some without inline assembly, some for 32bit, some for 64bit.
If the snippet from my original post isn't enough to locate the bug I might provide some more examples.

frankie:
Yes Kobold the compiler is buggy. That inline assembler crash the compiler.
But inline assembler is allowed only for 32bits code.
I understood that eventually you were able to compile inlined assembler code in 64 bits mode. For this reason I asked to recheck the installation.
About finding the bug only Pelle can debug sources... I think that this sample is enough...  :)

John Z:
Hi Kobold,

--- Quote from: Kobold on July 11, 2023, 05:36:11 PM ---
No, I wasn't. Been switching between 11 and 12 several times in the last few days.

--- End quote ---

Are you using two different computers for v11 vs b12, or are you doing complete uninstall and reinstalls?

John Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version