NO

Author Topic: rename bug  (Read 3580 times)

czerny

rename bug
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
I have saved a new text file in the ide with name 'info'. The ide asks if I like to append this file to the project. I answer with 'yes'. So it is appended and saved with the name 'info.c'. But that was not what I wanted.
I try to rename it to 'info.txt' by right-clicking in the project tree, but it does not work.

czerny

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: rename bug
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
Hi Czerny,
this should not be a bug. IDE accepts only source or related files (.c, .h, .res, ...) the other filetypes are rejected.
A text file could be part of an apllication, but is not considered a 'source' file and, then, not inserted in the project.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

czerny

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
A text file could be part of an apllication, but is not considered a 'source' file and, then, not inserted in the project.
A text file isn't a 'source'-file, but it can inserted in the project. Try it!
I do this very often, to append infos about the project.

czerny

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:36:45 AM »
A text file isn't a 'source'-file, but it can inserted in the project. Try it!
I do this very often, to append infos about the project.

czerny
As 'Other files' if you select 'all files' in the save as dialog, but I must admit that there is something tricky in the way the IDE decide to include or not the file....
Anyway for me works. Maybe you forget to change file type?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

czerny

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »
As 'Other files' if you select 'all files' in the save as dialog, but I must admit that there is something tricky in the way the IDE decide to include or not the file....
Anyway for me works. Maybe you forget to change file type?
The problem is not in the 'save as dialog'. There is a problem if one saves a text-file as c-file by mistake and if one wants to rename it afterwards in the project-tree.

czerny

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
The problem is not in the 'save as dialog'. There is a problem if one saves a text-file as c-file by mistake and if one wants to rename it afterwards in the project-tree.
Czerny, this what I said, when you saved the file as '.c' it has been collected as 'source' file, not as 'other files'. This means that the renaming should also move your file from sources to others...
That's why I'm not sure that it is a bug (doesn't make much sense to change a source file, even if wrongly assigned as a source, to something else), maybe Pelle have not considered such case.
Anyway per sure the IDE doesn't allow you to change a '.c' file in something different...