Pelles C > Add-ins

64 bit PrjZipWSDir Add-In

(1/4) > >>

John Z:
Hi,

Has anyone tried to compile PrjZIPWSDir_WS_a2.ZIP 64 bit project in Pelles V12? 
Preferably on WIN 11, but 10 OK too.

Here is the source by TimoVJL and I have NO doubts it worked before .... in 2019
https://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=7178.msg29242#msg29242

I am in the final stage of upgrading a program to 64 bit per Pelle's admonishment that it 'should' be 64  :)

My 32 bit source used a two file version of minizip.  Which was extremely easy to implement, but has never been upgraded to 64 bit.
https://github.com/kuba--/zip/tree/master

So I'm trying to use TimoVJL's 64 bit dll project code to get started on a 64 bit zip implementation, not as a dll however.

When compiling the sources to learn how to implement, I get an access error on miniz_tdef.obj

--- Code: ---Building miniz_tdef.obj.
fatal error: Internal error: 'Access violation' at 0x00007ff7ae3b3e99.
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.
--- End code ---

Looking for any ideas or input on the cause which hopefully is not that it is a WIN 11  :( problem....

Thanks,

John Z

Interestingly when I compile the two file version of minizip as a 64 bit  I also get the same access error.

--- Code: --- fatal error: Internal error: 'Access violation' at 0x00007ff7ae3b3e99.
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.
--- End code ---

frankie:
John I attach an amended version that compiles succesfully.
This is a compiler bug that fails on the code line:

--- Code: ---d->m_dict[TDEFL_LZ_DICT_SIZE + dst_pos] = c;
--- End code ---
You'll find the workaround in the attached workspace.
I'm opening a bug report on the issue.

John Z:
Thanks very much frankie,

My head is sore from banging against the wall trying to figure it out.  Ouch!

John Z

I'm going to need to invest in a beer company...  :)

Update:
Found similar syntax in the two file version.  Interestingly only a problem in 64 bit compile.

Thanks again for helping me get past this roadblock...

TimoVJL:
Thanks frankie !

Vortex:
Hi frankie and Timo,

Thanks for your efforts. Regarding the original code in Github, why a lot of functions all collected in a single .c file? Shouldn't the author provide a modular file set?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version