Pelles C > Announcements

Preview #2 of PE/COFF Viewer

<< < (2/5) > >>

frankie:
It seems to work great for me!
Good job.  ;)

Pelle:
so... 3-0... starting to sound like maybe not a total failure, then... cool...  8)

MrBcx:

--- Quote from: Pelle on June 12, 2021, 08:28:57 PM ---so... 3-0... starting to sound like maybe not a total failure, then... cool...  8)

--- End quote ---

Make that 4-0 ... you are approaching statistical significance.   ;D

Side note -- I routinely compile and test BCX using 5 different compilers.  I recently
re-enabled 'optimize speed' using your compiler and was stunned to learn
your code generation outperformed all the other compilers by as much as 30%.

It seems you have several super powers!

algernon_77:
Seems to be working very well on my end, too, I think it will make a nice addition to the compiler suite.

One question, though: how did you implement the splitter control? There are a few examples on the web (there's one on smorgasbordet, too), but in these the widths of the treeview/listview are being changed in realtime, which can generate a lot of flicker, especially with the treeview. Yours seems to work the "right way", i.e. it updates the controls on drag release only.

Regards,
Adrian

Pelle:

--- Quote from: MrBcx on June 12, 2021, 11:36:41 PM ---Side note -- I routinely compile and test BCX using 5 different compilers.  I recently
re-enabled 'optimize speed' using your compiler and was stunned to learn
your code generation outperformed all the other compilers by as much as 30%.

It seems you have several super powers!

--- End quote ---
Dumb luck, more likely...  :P

Over a wide range of applications I suspect GCC/LLVM will beat me on most of them. Sometimes the decision to call a runtime function vs using a compiler generated "inlined" version can make a big difference. Maybe even the best can get it slightly wrong at times...?

30% sounds like very much...  :o  Does this compiler have an option to disable the sleep() between statements?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version