NO

Author Topic: Try to rearrange the code, or make it smaller.  (Read 3674 times)

post from old forum

Try to rearrange the code, or make it smaller.
« on: September 13, 2004, 11:43:44 PM »
Hi dudes,

I have this little annoying message:

error #3053: Offset too big (> 256). Try to rearrange the code, or make it smaller.

do you know what it means ?

Iam using version 2.80.10

Drakoh

<code removed>

post from old forum

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:44:07 PM »
Hello,

First an explanation: This only happens if you generate ARM code. ARM (StrongARM etc) are RISC processor. All instructions are 32 bits. Period. Some bits are used to describe the instruction, others are used for condition codes etc. This means that the room for offsets/constants in an instruction is very limited. Sometimes I need to generate several instructions to accumulate the full offset into one of the 32-bit registers. In this case, the stack offset is the problem (when accessing the local variables).

I have made several changes in the 2.90 beta to get rid of these errors, but I guess some remains. I will look at this (once I've finished moving to the new web server).

For the moment, as a quick fix, you can change the data types in two of your structures: in s_type, change 'short id' to 'int id', in s_account, change 'short id' to 'int id', and 'unsigned short amount' to 'unsigned int amount'. This will generate *other* instructions, that *should* fix this. At least this works for me - I can successfully compile the file.

Pelle

post from old forum

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 11:44:35 PM »
Yee ha ! it worked !
so nice, I thank you a lot for your (as usual) quick answer, I can finish my proggy ! ^_^

thx again !

Drakoh