NO

Author Topic: Pelles C 64-bit, V8.00 RC4. Project view window wrong behaviour.  (Read 2564 times)

ClaudeQC

Using Pelles C 64-bit, V8.00 RC4; when adding source files to the project, and that files is not in the default project directory, Pelles C show that files in the "External files" section of the project view window instead of showing them in the "Source files" section.

This wrong behaviour was not there with Pelles C 32-bit/64-bit, V7.00

This is annoying for projects where source files are put outside the tools default working directory.

ClaudeQC

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Pelles C 64-bit, V8.00 RC4. Project view window wrong behaviour.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »
Sigh.

Quoting myself from the change log:
Added new "External files" branch to project tree, for easier identification of files located outside the top-level project directory.

A feature not a bug. Certain things work much better if the source files are located in the project directory, or in a subdirectory below the project directory. This has always been the case, now it's just more visible.

/Pelle

ClaudeQC

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
Sigh.

Added new "External files" branch to project tree, for easier identification of files located outside the top-level project directory.

A feature not a bug. Certain things work much better if the source files are located in the project directory, or in a subdirectory below the project directory. This has always been the case, now it's just more visible.

Well, I work on my projects using an unusual way.  I put the source code in a dedicated directory ("src"), and tools stuff in other directories.  This way, I can create several tool projects (Pelles C 32-bit, Pelles C 64-bit, Cygwin, Visual Studio, etc.) without having any conflict, and keeping things clean.
Example:
   <project_directory>
          pellesc_32bit/
          pellesc_64bit/
          visual_studio/
          src/

Remark: Visual Studio can handle this kind of project structure gracefully.

Regards,
Claude

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:53 AM »
Sigh.

Pelle I agree, but why include and source files are all mixed up?
And more important why I can't anymore exclude or delete files from 'external files?'
While debugging is a real nightmare ...  :'(
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide