NO

Author Topic: Project file problem when options changed  (Read 1863 times)

NormC

Project file problem when options changed
« on: June 21, 2014, 09:46:15 PM »
I have been working between 32 bit and 64 bit applications and seen to have found a problem with Version 8.00.11 dealing with projects.

If I start with a 32 bit project and later change it to a 64 bit project and vice-versa by properly changing all of the appropriate project options an attempt to build or rebuild the executable fails during linking because of unresolved externals.

I have tracked this to the LIB entry of the project file which does not seem to be changed with the other items in the project.

When the project is 32 bit the LIB line uses the Win library directory and for 64 bit the Win64 library directory and needs to be corrected to resolve the externals.

I noted the menu change when going from 32 bit to 64 bit which appears after the option changes and resolves moving up but there is no option for the few who may wish to move down.

It may be better to have the change to x86 or x64 available at all times and have the IDE changes to the project options.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:00:17 PM by NormC »

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Project file problem when options changed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
I will see if I can reproduce the problem with 64-bit libraries.

The general idea is to deprecate 32-bit projects as soon as possible (it should have been already), so I want to make as few changes as I can regarding 32 bits; converting from 64-bit to 32-bit projects is one of them.

/Pelle

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Project file problem when options changed
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:39 PM »
I can't reproduce a problem *upgrading* a 32-bit project to a 64-bit project ("Upgrade project to Win64").

Did you use that, or just changed the machine setting in the project settings ("compiler" and "linker" tabs)? This is trickier since the macro "POC_PROJECT_TYPE" may or may not get updated - it must be >=10 for  a 64-bit project to work correctly in all cases. I may see a problem here...
/Pelle