NO

Author Topic: CMD Line Options, Perforce Jam and Pelles C  (Read 3716 times)

samc

CMD Line Options, Perforce Jam and Pelles C
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:39:31 AM »
Hello,

First off thanks so much for Pelles C!  I have been looking for a small excellent C enviroment I can take with me on a key and so far I think Pelles C will do the trick very well!  :D

I actually came across Pelles C when loong at the Freetype build of Perforce Jam that specified it as one of it's targets.

What I am trying to do is...

I have a project I'd like to build with Pelles C, I currently have an MVC build project and a Jam build project.  What I need to do is either modify the Jam rules file with the appropriate command options required by Pelles C or I could potentially port the MVC project into Pelles C and work my way from there...

I searched the forum and docs but came up empty so I am wondering if anyone can help me or point me to where I can find.

A. The equivalents Pelles C settings/arguments as compared to MVC settings/arguments.
B. Pelles C command line arguments so maybe I could hack the Jam rules file myslelf.

The Jam rules file I am attaching has some options for Mingw and gcc (along with others), the MVC project builds fine on windows but I don't want to use Visual Studio.  The declares are straight forward, I am most worried about enviroment type variables, etc.

Thanks for the help,

sam c.

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
Re: CMD Line Options, Perforce Jam and Pelles C
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
There is a Wizard available in Pelles C, which will import a M(S)VC file, just go to File => New => Project, and select the MSVC import wizard.
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

samc

Re: CMD Line Options, Perforce Jam and Pelles C
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:14:11 AM »
Thanks Stefan,

I'll start there and look at setting up the Jam build project next.

sam c.