NO

Author Topic: Execute/run?  (Read 5850 times)

Mr.Awesome

Execute/run?
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:08:12 AM »
I have my coding and what not all written out, it compiles properly with no error whatsoever, BUT it will not let me execute or run the program, i don't know what I'm not doing or doing wrong.... Please help!! :) Thanks!

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Execute/run?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:30:46 AM »
I have my coding and what not all written out, it compiles properly with no error whatsoever, BUT it will not let me execute or run the program, i don't know what I'm not doing or doing wrong.... Please help!! :) Thanks!
Well, you tell us: What projects options did you set to start your program (coding)?

Ralf

CommonTater

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:46:58 AM »
Give a read to the  "Projects" section of the help file...

Help -> Contents -> POIDE Integrated Environment -> Projects

Lots of good information there.

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:48:31 AM »
Might be a platform issue, since 64-bit executables do not run on 32-bit Windows, for instance.
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

CommonTater

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 05:51:32 PM »
Might be a platform issue, since 64-bit executables do not run on 32-bit Windows, for instance.

Except that 32 bit Pelles C won't compile 64bit programs and, as you observe, 64bit POIDE won't run on a 32 bit machine.

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
Except that 32 bit Pelles C won't compile 64bit programs and, as you observe, 64bit POIDE won't run on a 32 bit machine.

Yes, we know that, but we neither know the environment of the OP, nor the exact error message, nor anithing else, which would allow us to give real help.

We are just playing guessing games, which is not helpful at all :'(
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »

Yes, we know that, but we neither know the environment of the OP, nor the exact error message, nor anithing else, which would allow us to give real help.

We are just playing guessing games, which is not helpful at all :'(
That's why I asked him already what his settings are/were, as there are a lot of possibilities that would lead to non- executing output.

I think it isn't clear for a lot of newbies that there isn't a "working default" setting in the IDE...

Ralf

CommonTater

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 12:23:42 AM »
I think it isn't clear for a lot of newbies that there isn't a "working default" setting in the IDE...

Hi Ralf...
That's why I started by suggesting he cruize the help file.  There is a "My first project" tutorial in there that I though he'd find helpful...

Help -> Contents -> POIDE Integrated Environment -> Your First Project : Hello World.

Way back when I first started with Pelles C, it took me a few passes (and some very interesting language) to get that first project to work...  Of course once I plowed through the wizard a couple of times it started making sense...

It seems likely he's set it up to build a DLL or LIB...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:26:42 AM by CommonTater »

JangySquizzles

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 07:46:37 AM »
I started running Pelles today, and I have had similar problems as OP. They were fixed by uninstalling and then re-installing, making sure to use the full install. The tutorial in the Help menu is also helpful as well.