NO

Author Topic: logon logoff time  (Read 2887 times)

czerny

logon logoff time
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:32 AM »
Hallo,

I have the problem to find information about the time where my computer has booted and shut down last.
It would be best, if I could find these infos not only for the last time, but for the last 40 days.
As an alternative the logon/logoff times of a certain user would be also ok.

Any ideas?

czerny

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: logon logoff time
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »
The event log could be a good  start point...
To nable auditing for system events (startup and shutdown) use the group policy editor (open gpedit.msc form a system consolle, go to Security Settings - Auditing, add the required events).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:31:45 AM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

czerny

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
This could be a solution for the future, but I am locking for login times of the last 40 days. :-[

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »
Take a deeper look in event log, even if booting and logging are not expressely available you can get information studying the events. I.e. if a block of services starts together this would indicate with high probability that the system was booting up.
I don't know if your event log covers 40 days, but normally it holds many weeks (depend on how many events you got....).
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

czerny

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
There was the small hope, that there is a better source of information.

Thank you, czerny