Pelles C > Bug reports

V12 time optimization

<< < (5/5)

John Z:
OK, understandable  Thanks for figuring it out considering it is only 32 bit...

I'll invest more time in trying to move to 64 bit code.

John Z

Pelle:

--- Quote from: frankie on October 16, 2023, 10:22:48 AM ---I understand the points about debug, but I met also another problem. After I have created assembler module with disassembled code, at first, I set a breakpoint on the assembler routines entry to debug in assembler from there, but the debugger passed over ignoring them. The only way I was able to debug was setting breakpoint before the call in C source, then on break I had to change debug mode to assembly then using step-in I was able at last to see the assembler code.

--- End quote ---
I have now looked at this.

Setting breakpoints in source files (before starting the debugger) requires debug info (with source lines) when starting the debugger. Source lines in the debug info is always relative the start of a function. For an assembly file you can only get the concept of a function by using PROC .. ENDP, just a code label is not enough.

OTOH, starting the debugger with "always break at entry-point" and then setting breakpoints should work...

frankie:

--- Quote from: Pelle on October 23, 2023, 08:38:36 PM ---I have now looked at this.

Setting breakpoints in source files (before starting the debugger) requires debug info (with source lines) when starting the debugger. Source lines in the debug info is always relative the start of a function. For an assembly file you can only get the concept of a function by using PROC .. ENDP, just a code label is not enough.

OTOH, starting the debugger with "always break at entry-point" and then setting breakpoints should work...

--- End quote ---
Ok. Get it.
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version