NO

Author Topic: Documentation for Windows Libraries/Includes?  (Read 3275 times)

eliwhite

Documentation for Windows Libraries/Includes?
« on: February 10, 2006, 10:52:41 PM »
Hello there.  Long time Unix/Console/Web programmer, who is trying to write a couple small quick applications for his PocketPC PDA.

I've managed to get everything installed, and samples compiling and running.

However:  Documentation.  I've found in the Help files all the documentation on the Standard C99 #includes, and the Private #includes ... but nowhere is the documentation on the 'Windows' includes from the Win directory.

Where can I find that?

Eli

kobold

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 11:22:09 PM »
For the win stuff you need additional SDK's from Microsoft.

I have no clue of pocket pc but this might help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile/default.aspx ( --> Windows Mobile 5.0 SDKs for Pocket PC and Smartphone)

eliwhite

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:46:02 AM »
Oh, ok then.   From looking in the includes directory that comes with Pelles C, it looks like the Win directory is there with all sorts of standard Windows Libraries ... and in fact, the samples compile just fine against them, and work on my PDA

So, just a little confused here.  It seems Pelles C comes with them, but not documentation for them, which was my query.

Eli

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »
The Windows include files are basically the same as in Microsoft's Platform SDK, but with definitions merged in from Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ (or whatever they call it this week) - for Pocket PC. There is a lot of overlapping stuff between desktop Windows and Pocket PC, so this made most sense to me...

Have you tried Microsoft MSDN Online? A link is on the first page of the help file...

Pelle
/Pelle