NO

Author Topic: Cannot debug.  (Read 4251 times)

pjoconn

Cannot debug.
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »
Hello, I  have not been able to get the debugger to work. I set the compliler debug option to FULL and have also turned off the optimization. I always get the dialog stating that the .exe does not contain debug information.  I have read the posts about putting DbgRelPrf.dll in the bin\addins folder, which I have done. When I look in the addins, under options, nothing is listed. I have tried with both the 64 & 32 bit 7.0 releases. Neither version loads :-\ the addins. The 64bit came with quite a few in the addins64 directory and I added DbgRelPrf.dll to this folder. None loaded. I un-installed 64 and installed 32. I then built the  DbgRelPrf and added it to the addins (only one there). It also does not load. I really like Pelles and hope to stay with it but I need a debugger. Please help.
Thanks in advance to all that reply. Pat

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Cannot debug.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »
Have you selected debug infos in linker tab?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

pjoconn

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 12:35:39 AM »
Frankie,
  Talk about feeling like a dummy, that's me right now! I thought I had looked at all possible options, but missed that one. Thank you, as I am now a "happy debugger".
  As a side note, any idea why I am not seeing the addins?
Thanks again,
Pat
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:17:12 AM by pjoconn »

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »
Your welcome  :)
The addins have to be in bin\addins for 32 and bin64\addins64 for 64 bits.
Then from menu tools-->customize select the tab addins and you should see all addins available to the IDE. Check the ones you want to activate, then use tools-->options addins tab to access addins options.
If you don't see any addin in tools->customize the problem generally is due to installation problems (wrong paths).
Maybe you can try removing PellesC, then clear related registers entries (you'll find them in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pelle Orinius" for 32 bits and the equivalent in 64 bits registry).
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide