NO

Author Topic: Pellesc V 5.00.8 won't compile if several files are open  (Read 2257 times)

jwzumwalt

Pellesc V 5.00.8 won't compile if several files are open
« on: April 21, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »
1) If you are working on file #1 and open file #2, then attempt to compile file#2, only file #1 is compiled - even if file #2 has the window focus.

2) If you make a change then rebuild it, only the saved file is compiled. So, in order to compile a edited file you must save it first.

Thanks for a great job! I just finished reviewing several compilers... I have usually used Borland or Dev-C in the the past. I have switched to PellesC; nice job!

JZ

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
Re: Pellesc V 5.00.8 won't compile if several files are open
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 02:12:47 PM »
You have to select at Tools->Options->General->Save files without prompting before build.

best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
OK, thanks!

Yes, this is how it works (right now at least). In Tools -> Options -> General tab, there is a setting "Save files without prompting before build" you may find useful (if you havn't tried it already). I personally use it, but some people prefer to save "manually".
/Pelle

jwzumwalt

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:51:57 AM »
I do (did) have the save files without prompting selected, and get the above behavior...

The other odd thing is if you close file #1 in the IDE and only have file #2 open, any attempt to compile file #2 will still result in file #1 being compiled... Presumably the IDE is only paying attention to the project file and does not take into consideration the contents or focus of the window.

(I really like what you have accomplished, I only added this to the bug report because I did not find anyone else had reported it.)

Thanks for the quick response - jz
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:58:59 AM by jwzumwalt »

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:01 PM »
OK.

I have fixed one bug, for the next version, that involves the internal "association" for a file with a project. It's possible that fix solves this problem. I will do some testing, and see if I can find anything else...
/Pelle