Pelles C > Feature requests

Missing _wopendir()

(1/3) > >>

mul:
Hi all,

I am missing in the header file dirent.h the wchar_t version of the _opendir(const char *) function, such as _wopendir(const wchar_t *).

Did I miss something?

Thank you for help.

TimoVJL:
opendir is only POSIX function, not C99 nor C11.

mul:
Hello TimoVJL,

Thanks for the answer.

It's a pity, because it would be a useful addition, as other functions for directory handling like _wgetcwd() or _wchdir() work very well.

I would use this function to change to the (german) Windows directory "Öffentliche Musik" (public music).

I know there are other solutions for this, it would just be the easiest and safest way.

John Z:
Hi Mul,

Perhaps I misunderstand your statement :

--- Quote from: mul on March 05, 2021, 03:03:23 PM ---It's a pity, because it would be a useful addition, as other functions for directory handling like _wgetcwd() or _wchdir() work very well.

I would use this function to change to the (german) Windows directory "Öffentliche Musik" (public music).

--- End quote ---
Pelles C does support _wchdir()  to change to a Unicode directory, and _wgetcwd()..  include <direct.h>
So if you are just looking to change directories to Windows directory "Öffentliche Musik" then _wchdir(const wchar_t *);
will work for you.

John Z

mul:
Hello John,

thank you for this answer.
Maybe it is difficult for me to explain my problem.

Yes, I can change to a Unicode directory by _wchdir(). But if I will open this directory to read the entries in it, then only the function _opendir() is available. Not available is _wopendir().

Also I code:  _opendir(_getcwd()) to open a directory, this works fine.
But it is not possible to code: _wopendir(_wgetcwd()), because _wopendir() doesn't exist !!

Therefore it would be nice to have this missing function to complete the set of functions for Unicode directory handling.

mul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version