C language > Expert questions

Profiling

(1/2) > >>

Grincheux:
I would like to speed up my program.
I think that using the profiler would help me.
I don't know how to do.
It seems ther is two ways to use it.
One in command line and other from the IDE.
Could some expert help me?

Thank You

John Z:
I hope you got profiling working.  I've only used it once or twice and surely I am not an expert.

BTW Today I noticed that many of your MediaFire hosted pictures of your mGimp results are not working. Just FYI -

John Z

Grincheux:
For the images that's TRUE. I cleaned the folder and selected too many.
I will try to upload some examples.
The version has changed, when you save the flter dats are stored in a database (for later option)
I have corrected many bugs
I have improved the code
There is a new interface with possiblity to get the previous random generated filter
I have included models
I am currently working on Bias (luminosity) and Divisor.
I compare all my results with XnView to see if my code is good.
I have removed the result histogram
I have completlly rewritten the original histogram
When you don't use divisor, my results are good. I can't say the same thing with it for the instant.
The Bias is indicated in the interface but no code for for the instant.
I have tested the convolution function on thousands images of any sizes and did met any problem.
I have created accelerators but dit not test them.
With the next version you will have to install sqlite3 and put the files into the program folder.

Grincheux:
For the profilter I expected a course from Pell oe Frankie. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Stefan Pendl:
From my point of view, you just turn on the profiler and start your application.
I would first only start and stop the application, then you know where the general code is spending most of the time.
Next I would test one feature after the other separately, so start the application use a feature and stop the application to check the profiler.
It is easier to test step by step instead of a bunch of features and then being not able to distinguish between the single features.

Just my two cents, since I haven't used the profiler of Pelles C, but of other IDE's for other languages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version