C language > Expert questions

Is the window Subclassed

(1/2) > >>

Grincheux:
How to know if a window is subclassed?
I compare the HINSTANCE of the wndclass structure with the one got with GetWindowLongPtrA.
The result is that no window is subclassed on my pc!

For my program, when I look at its results, I have many windows but I create only one!
If you have any idea.

John Z:
Well I'm no expert - never found a need to subclass a window.  To do it you need to intentionally make changes, overriding the original so it is not done by itself, or accidentally, as far as I know.  Other than looking at code I don't know if there is a flag or property that indicates a subclassed window or control.

When I run your mGimp program which became Cfe, I count 6 windows before I even try to apply a filter.

John Z

Grincheux:
Yes but with the last program it shows more...
This is the reason of my question.
Have a look you will be surprised.

John Z:
OK you are talking about WiW not Cfe.  Running it now. So WiW looking at entries for WiW I see 39 'entries', using Pelles Process Viewer I see WiW using 36 DLL's doesn't seem unreasonable.

Every control is a window.  When I run Cfe then start WiW, WiW doesn't show the Cfe files in the Filename column.

I think I'm just lost here.   :(  No help to you on this.

John Z

Grincheux:
John this is the part of my problem. I will add the possibility to list all the children and to hook the windows too. To be able to know what is behind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version