Pelles C > Feature requests

"Copy from" option on "project modes..." dialog.

(1/3) > >>

frankie:
When creating a new mode, or just moving from 'Release' to 'debug', the IDE uses always a standard empty configuration.
On more complex projects this lead to tedious and error prone rewriting of all settings for compiler options, folders, libraries, etc.
It would be very effective and efficient to have the possibility to copy the whole settings from one mode to another, so you can then change only few settings.
Thank you Pelle.

John Z:
Good Idea.

As a temp workaround to avoid tedious mistakes one could create the new mode then exit the IDE and edit the ppj file directly, copy and paste from your mode of choice into the new mode.  Then restart the IDE and make only the changes needed for the new mode.  :) Not as easy as making it an intrinsic feature but might be less error prone and tedious than starting from scratch.

Yes the ppj says "don't dare edit this file"  but I've been able to .... make backup first use a UTF8 capable editor.

Alternatively I wonder if an add-in could do what you are suggesting....

John Z

TimoVJL:
Perhaps it's time to check options for making an Add-In, if it allows to do that.
I don't like mess with project file, even i have done that.

https://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=4467.msg16682#msg16682

Pelle:
Maybe. If you have a more ambitious dialog session with add/rename/delete, it could get a little confusing which mode is referred to.

frankie:
Maybe a simple 'duplicate' function or a 'use template' where to select the origin.
Thanks

P.S. I hope you had good vacation...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version