NO

Author Topic: Option for "Executable" path per project  (Read 2139 times)

Offline rapte

Option for "Executable" path per project
« on: March 09, 2022, 02:21:49 PM »
It would be really nice if the "Executables" option was added for Projects where the path for the dlls could be updated (Project -> Project Options -> Folders -> Type (Libraries | Includes | Executables). Currently we have to copy the dlls to the folder of the exe. It is useful if a number of projects require the same dlls.

I know that this can also be done with Tools -> Options -> Projects -> Folders -> Type (Executables | Libraries | Includes), but it is done globally for all the projects.

I am using Pelles C version 11.00.2

thanks

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
Re: Option for "Executable" path per project
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 12:53:12 PM »
Project options: Working directory: wasn't, what you was after ?

May the source be with you

Offline rapte

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 07:33:13 PM »
Hi TimoVJL,

Project options: Working directory: is the correct place where the dlls should go. However what I meant was that it would be nice if the third party library BIN folder (where the dlls are placed) could be added in the path per project just as INCLUDE and LIB. The dlls could be copied from their original location only when the project was ready to be shared.

A hypothetical case: There are 10 projects of SDL2 32-bit and 64-bit each of them requiring their five dlls each for 32-bit and 64-bit in their working directory. A new version of SDL2, SDL_image and SDL_ttf is updated by replacing the old SDL folder with the new SDL folder. The project INCLUDE and LIB variables will magically point to the updated libraries, howerver all the dlls in the working directory will have to be replaced manually.

As I have mentioned earlier, this can be done in Tools -> Options -> Projects -> Folders -> Type (Executables | Libraries | Includes), but it is done globally not per project.

Thanks

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 09:02:11 PM »
I haven't touched this part of the code for a long time, so it's not at the top of my head. A quick search suggests it would affect multiple places (always less pleasing than a single place to change). I will look at it some more later... For now it's a "maybe"...
/Pelle

Offline rapte

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 02:16:31 AM »
Thank you Pelle

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 03:15:40 PM »
Meanwhile.
poide have -xml option, so different .xml files for poide, for simulating "Executable" paths.

May the source be with you