NO

Author Topic: AddIn_EnumProjectSymbols()  (Read 865 times)

Offline Kobold

AddIn_EnumProjectSymbols()
« on: July 16, 2023, 09:41:51 AM »
Please add AddIn_EnumProjectSymbols() to the API or at least document all available symbols somewhere.

AS, ASFLAGS, CC, CCFLAGS, INCLUDE, LIB, LINK, LINKFLAGS, RC, RCFLAGS, SIGN, SIGNFLAGS. Those are visible in the project options.

What about POC_PROJECT_RESULTDIR, POC_PROJECT_OUTPUTDIR, POC_PROJECT_WORKPATH etc. from the .ppj file? Can they also be queried? Can't find anything in the documentation.

I'm creating a Makefile exporter AddIn, mostly working already, but I seem to be missing some information from the AddIn SDK (or its documentation).

Offline John Z

Re: AddIn_EnumProjectSymbols()
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 11:53:40 PM »
Hi Kobold,

Well, meanwhile maybe this helps.  All is done under the projects own directory which can be obtained using the
structure ADDIN_DOCUMENT_INFO docinfo; then parsing any of the project files for the the file name field for the directory.

All output is in the output directory under the project directory, so easy to know that.

WorkPath - I'm not sure what is meant but the full path is included above.

John Z

Offline Kobold

Re: AddIn_EnumProjectSymbols()
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 05:05:53 PM »
Well, meanwhile maybe this helps.  All is done under the projects own directory which can be obtained using the
structure ADDIN_DOCUMENT_INFO docinfo; then parsing any of the project files for the the file name field for the directory.

Thanks John Z!

AddIn_GetProjectTarget() already gives me the absolute project output path. As all paths are absolute I don't need to know where the ppj file is located. I thought I would need it because paths in the ppj file are relative, and I started this exporter as a standalone program that parsed the ppw/ppj files directly.

However, the workspace path (where the ppw file is, or the ppj for single projects) would be nice to have. That should be the default path for the makefile to be written to, and all paths be made relative to that location.

I guess my request for an AddIn_EnumProjectSymbols() is pretty useless, because those symbols come without any information. I know that CC and CCFLAGS are used to compile .c to .obj, but if someone were to add CPP and CPPFLAGS, those symbols are meaningless to my program.
AddIn_GetProjectShells() seems the way to go. If the symbols are automatically expanded by the IDE, I don't need to access them at all.