C language > Beginner questions

Strange problem with the IDE

(1/5) > >>

CProgrammer:
I have a strange problem with the code in the attached file.

If I start a new project in Pelle's IDE and add the two files TryIt.c and TryIt.rc to the project by selecting "Add files to project" from the "Project menu" then I can build an EXE file that runs as expected.

When I close the IDE and then run the project by double clicking on the .ppj file created by the above procedure, the IDE opens, but then when I try to build the EXE file the IDE crashes.

The crash file @@@FD60.tmp is blank.

Experimenting further, I found that if I close the IDE and delete the output folder, the .tag file, the .ppx file and the .exe file produced when building the program then

- When I open the IDE,  open the project and build it then the .exe file compiles correctly

or

- If I double click on the project file to build it the IDE crashes.

How can I prevent the IDE from crashing? I am using Windows 11.

frankie:
It works for me. I'm on WIN10, but I don't think that it is an OS problem.
The issue happens for any project or for this one only?
Try to completely remove and reinstall PellesC as first try.

CProgrammer:
@frankie:

The problem seems to exist for this code only - I have some old programs that I wrote in Pelles C several years ago and they compile correctly.
I reinstalled Pelles C but this did not solve the problem.

Robert:

--- Quote from: CProgrammer on June 30, 2023, 03:15:41 PM ---I have a strange problem with the code in the attached file.

If I start a new project in Pelle's IDE and add the two files TryIt.c and TryIt.rc to the project by selecting "Add files to project" from the "Project menu" then I can build an EXE file that runs as expected.

When I close the IDE and then run the project by double clicking on the .ppj file created by the above procedure, the IDE opens, but then when I try to build the EXE file the IDE crashes.

The crash file @@@FD60.tmp is blank.

Experimenting further, I found that if I close the IDE and delete the output folder, the .tag file, the .ppx file and the .exe file produced when building the program then

- When I open the IDE,  open the project and build it then the .exe file compiles correctly

or

- If I double click on the project file to build it the IDE crashes.

How can I prevent the IDE from crashing? I am using Windows 11.

--- End quote ---

Confirmed. Windows 11.
Default Pelles C 12.0 installation to Program Files.
Project files to C:\Users\Robert\OneDrive\Documents\Pelles C Projects\TryIt
Can't even Clean the project. IDE crashes.

Windows 11 has been, for me, the greatest disappointment in operating systems since I started almost 40 years ago. I wont bother you with the litany of problems. Way beyond irritating.

Bought a new machine just to have Windows 11. An expensive freaking waste of money.

Fedora and OpenSuse run flawlessly on the new machine.

You know where this is heading.

frankie:

--- Quote from: Robert on July 01, 2023, 11:29:00 AM ---Windows 11 has been, for me, the greatest disappointment in operating systems since I started almost 40 years ago. I wont bother you with the litany of problems. Way beyond irritating.
Bought a new machine just to have Windows 11. An expensive freaking waste of money.
Fedora and OpenSuse run flawlessly on the new machine.
You know where this is heading.

--- End quote ---
That's why I stand with WIN10 and wait, as I made remaining on XP when VISTA appeared and WIN7 when WIN10 just come out.  >:(
The secret is wait for the testers to complete the cycle...  ;)

@CProgrammer I can't help more until I can't have a WIN11 machine at hands, The only suggestion is to check directories and permissions, maybe an issue of this kind...  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version