NO

Author Topic: Feature requests for the IDE  (Read 6921 times)

tommy

Feature requests for the IDE
« on: September 18, 2004, 03:40:41 PM »
Hi again Pelle!

The more I use your IDE and compiler, the more I like it! :D Thanks a lot for great work. I have some requests/bug reports though:

- Dockable toolbar and property list in the dialog editor
    - Dockable toolbar in the graphic editor
    - Pushing F1 on some keywords (such as fopen), doesn't open the help file on the right topic
    - Some times the files in the project browser are listed with full names (think you've already got a report on that bug)
    - Bug: Yesterday, the characters in the editor screwed up when using the code-folding feature... Sorry, I've not been able to reproduce it yet...
    - (And Ctrl+Backspace of course :D)

Maybe you could include these add-ins to the package as well: checking for updates, open current file in hex editor, switch between release and debug build.

Thanks once again!

Best regards,
Tommy

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 05:07:56 PM »
Hello Tommy,

Thank you very much!

I should probably add dockable windows, at least as an option, even if I don't like them myself - they are like slippery soaps to me, docking when I don't want them to, and not undocking when I want that. Will not be in 2.90 IDE, but I will look at it later. Promise.

Installing 2.90 beta over 2.80 (IDE) will produce what you describe regarding F1. This should work once the new IDE is finished.

I *think* I have finally fixed the problem with filenames in the project window/tree. It happens when there are 'dependencies' outside the project directory (like special #include files, in some other directory).

I have found several problems myself with the cold folding, maybe one of them will fix your problem too...?

Ctrl+Backspace is implemented now. Will be in 2.90 IDE.

Pelle
/Pelle

tommy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 05:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Pelle! :D Seems good! ;) Any idea of when you will release the 2.90 IDE?

Tommy

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 05:43:36 PM »
Last month!  :lol:

...seriously, it has been delayed because of the move to the new web server, and some personal stuff. I don't like to give time estimates, but probably in the next week or two.

Pelle
/Pelle

tommy

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 07:02:30 PM »
Ok :D No need of strees. ;)

tommy

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 03:02:22 PM »
Another IDE request:

Could you make support for folding of regions (comment based)?.. Example:
Code: [Select]
//#REGION
   code goes here...
//#END_REGION

Tommy

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 05:08:40 PM »
Maybe. I'm not so happy about directives inside comments, so I need to find another syntax that works.

Pelle
/Pelle

tommy

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 05:57:06 PM »
Ok.. :)