NO

Author Topic: Header files  (Read 6325 times)

thierry

Header files
« on: September 30, 2004, 12:10:52 PM »
Hi Pelle,

I thank you for the hard work you have done.

May i suggest this: since you're able to display the code tips when using a standard function, why not propose to add the relevant include files?

For example, i use printf, but don't put the #include <STDIO.H>.

You could propose the developper if he wants PellesC to add the necessary include files (if PellesC knows it of course)

Thanks
Thierry

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Header files
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 12:54:50 PM »
Interesting idea! It should be possible, but I have to think about it.

Pelle
/Pelle

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
Header files
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 12:48:22 PM »
Quote from: "Pelle"
Interesting idea! It should be possible, but I have to think about it.

If you do this, can you add the necessary standard-libraries to the project.  :)
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
Header files
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 03:41:15 PM »
I guess this is for the Windows libraries (the C runtime should already be handled). The problem is that I don't have this information - the name of the include isn't always the same as the library (I only know the name of the include file).

You could add the following under Project Options -> Linker tab -> Library and object files (assuming Pelles C is installed in \program\pellesc):
\program\pellesc\lib\win\*.LIB

(You need to specify the full path - it's not enough with *.lib)

It might take a little longer to link, but you don't have to figure out the name of each Windows library.

Pelle
/Pelle

Gerome

Header files
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 05:38:52 PM »
Hi,

Here is a proposal :
As far as you seem to use SQLITE in each project made via Poide, you could make a 'big' database just once at install time, in order to be able to propose many interesting informations at coding time... ?

Quote from: "Pelle"
I guess this is for the Windows libraries (the C runtime should already be handled). The problem is that I don't have this information - the name of the include isn't always the same as the library (I only know the name of the include file).

You could add the following under Project Options -> Linker tab -> Library and object files (assuming Pelles C is installed in \program\pellesc):
\program\pellesc\lib\win\*.LIB

(You need to specify the full path - it's not enough with *.lib)

It might take a little longer to link, but you don't have to figure out the name of each Windows library.

Pelle

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
Header files
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 07:55:44 PM »
I already have SysDefs.tag, which is filled during the first build (only once). Depending on how much you install, it's currently ~30 MB. Adding more information, like names of include files, will not make it smaller. I will think about it for the next version...

Pelle
/Pelle