NO

Author Topic: Complete word case insensitive and Dialog Units  (Read 3115 times)

skirby

Complete word case insensitive and Dialog Units
« on: August 09, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »
Hello Pelle,

Do you think it would be possible to make the "Complete word" functionnality case insensitive?
I think it could be really good especially when you don't exactly know the word you are looking for (You don't know if it is in lower or Upper case).

Also, I think it should be great to edit and see dimesions and (x, y) position of controls in resources editor in Pixels.
It is more useful and naturel in my opinion.

I hope you will take in consideration my features

Thanks and have a nice day.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Complete word case insensitive and Dialog Units
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 04:04:27 PM »
Quote from: "skirby"
Do you think it would be possible to make the "Complete word" functionnality case insensitive?

At least not an easy change, so I doubt it's worth the trouble...

Quote from: "skirby"

Also, I think it should be great to edit and see dimesions and (x, y) position of controls in resources editor in Pixels.

Useless IMO. No.
/Pelle

shantanu_gadgil

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »
Shouldn't "case sensitive" and "whole word" be independant ideas?
Also, I couldn't find the "whole word" option anywhere! :( :(

EDIT:
Stupid me!!!  :? :?
The question was about "completing" the word, as in intellisense. I thought it was about the "Search" operation in files. (CTRL+F) for text.
Now everything makes sense! :)

lamer

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 11:57:03 AM »
IMHO it may be very nice to use case-insensitive intellisence. I don't know how do you implement this feature, but it seems to be a list box. The LB_FINDSTRING message works case-insensitive (from MSDN):

LB_FINDSTRING
lParam
         Pointer to the null-terminated string that contains the string for wich to search. The search is case independent, so this string can contain any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.

Try to remember case for something like SHEnumerateUnreadMailAccounts  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Regards