Poll

Would You Like These Fetures In Pelles C

Yes
2 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 24, 2004, 01:06:05 AM

Author Topic: IDE Fetures  (Read 5316 times)

MichaelManley

IDE Fetures
« on: September 24, 2004, 01:06:05 AM »
Hay Pelle,

There Is A Cople Of Fetures You Shuld Add
1.Create A Task List For A Way To View All The //TODO: Commands :D
2.Create A Snippet Manager :!:
3.Make A Main Dialog Editor (Like The Startup Form If You Load The APP 8)

Thats It

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
IDE Fetures
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 09:03:33 AM »
Item 1 and 2: can be implemented as add-ins, especially with the new features that will be in 2.90.

Item 3: Not sure I understand. Using "Win32 application wizard", and choosing "A dialog based application" in the wizard, when creating a new project, will give you a template with a dialog as the main window. How do you want to extend this? Or do you mean something else?

Pelle
/Pelle

MichaelManley

IDE Fetures
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 07:07:08 PM »
Hi Pelle

I Probly Did Not Give A Good Description. You Know The Hello World Sample Thats Part Of That Wisard I Want To Be Able To Edit That Dialog Graficaly Not In Code

Sorry If I Did Not Make Any Sence :?:

MichaelManley

RJP Computing

IDE Fetures
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 09:00:29 PM »
How I understood it is to use the dialog editor to edit the controls placement and output the windows code not the resource file.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
IDE Fetures
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 11:20:54 PM »
Yes, if you open main.rc (from the project tree), and then open the dialog named DLG_MAIN, you can change the layout of the dialog.

You need to write some code, to use the new controls that you put on the dialog, and it's not as nice as Visual Basic, bit it's a start.

This is the traditional way of doing it. A lot of existing projects depends on this approach. If I can figure out a better way, without messing up existing projects, I will add it in a future version.

Pelle
/Pelle