NO

Author Topic: Compile Putty  (Read 3555 times)

benjamin

Compile Putty
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:29:43 AM »
Hi there.
I use putty on my work it's the most important tool to me (im unix sa) i've like 100 ideas to improve putty like adding short cuts, maybe tabbed window terminals, i would also like to build a mozilla plugin... , and the list goes on.
Putty sources are like hell i guess there are 100 and 100 of lines of code, i dont need to touch most of this code, i will just focus my work on the gui part.
I just dont know where to start, i try to import the msvc project but i couldn't compile it, i try to emulate LCC but this just make it worst.
Have you got any ideas?

BWT i's been like 2 years since i became an sa and leave my wonderfull life as a programmer i know I'm a traitor, but the money was good and i needed the job :) but i've some ideas and i want to start codding again.

Danielm103

Compile Putty
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:36:28 AM »
Hi Benjamin,
While I can’t help you with compiling putty(newbie), I am interested in your results as I use putty everyday  :)
Dan

benjamin

Progress so far:
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »
I imported the MSVC project, and i hit the build button, i get lots of lots but i was able to fix most of them:

1° Define the compiler as __LCC__
2° window.c is a mess but i was ablo to fix this too.
3° At this point command line programs like sfpt are ok
4° settings.c has a mayor shit going on:
there's a function get_sesslist(struct sesslist *list, int allocate)

it does this:

qsort(list->sessions, i, sizeof(char *), sessioncmp);
    } else {
   sfree(list->buffer);
   sfree(list->sessions);
    }

and here's were all goes puff GPF, im not very familiar with this function, but it seems that if i fix this i'll be ready to go.
What i did is just to comment this function we will se about the side effects of this later...
At the moment im able to compile PuTTy and it tested ok