NO

Author Topic: Reloading BAS file with project  (Read 3581 times)

Garvan

Reloading BAS file with project
« on: October 24, 2004, 04:05:34 AM »
Hi Pelle.

1)
I note that when you define a new file type in the IDE using the add-in interface and open a file of the new type, it is not added to the [Windows] section of the .ppx file when you close the project. If I add it using a text editor, when I reload the project the BAS file is reloaded also.

Is there some way I can get the BAS file into the list of open files in myfile.ppx?

2)
In the help file I saw reference to adding a “read.me” file to the project, but I can’t find any way to do this?

Thanks

Garvan

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 07:54:04 AM »
Hello Garvan,

1. Not for the moment. I only reload files that are part a project - files visible in the treeview. Once I figure out a way to specify build rules for add-in file types, it should work.

2. You should be able to use 'Add files to project'. If it's a text file, and not ends with one of the supported extensions (.C, .H, .ASM, ...), it will be added under 'Other files'.

Pelle
/Pelle

Garvan

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 04:11:31 PM »
Hello Garvan,

Quote from: "Pelle"

1. Not for the moment. I only reload files that are part a project - files visible in the treeview. Once I figure out a way to specify build rules for add-in file types, it should work.

Thanks. I added a menu item to do what I want for now.

Quote from: "Pelle"

2. You should be able to use 'Add files to project'. If it's a text file, and not ends with one of the supported extensions (.C, .H, .ASM, ...), it will be added under 'Other files'.

This is not working as I expected. I can only add a text file it I open it in the MDI window, and then add it to the project. I cannot add directly from disk to project (.txt extension not recognized?). When I reload the project, the text file is sometimes reloaded as HEX!

Thanks

Garvan

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 05:26:15 PM »
Hello,

I just tried adding a file from disk with .txt extension, and it's working here. Can't explain for the moment why it's not working for you.

If not 'Fast file classification' is checked in Tools -> Options -> General tab, I try to look inside the file, to see what type it is. A file must have no other control characters but tabs, up to a first line break, to be classified as a text file. It can also be completely empty. If not, this might be the reason it's loaded into the hex editor.

Pelle
/Pelle