NO

Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 3706 times)

A couple of questions
« on: November 02, 2004, 12:51:56 PM »
Hello,

I like what I see on your homepage it looks cool al the features of file editor resource editor, compiler well done!!

I note from the name Pelles C does this include a C++ implementation, if not are there any plans for C++ to be implemented in the future?

Does the file editor come with intellisense, where when you type in something like WndClsEX. or WndClsEx-> it will show a drop down list of members available for that class or struct?

Thanks
K

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 02:51:42 PM »
Hello,

I like what I see on your homepage it looks cool al the features of file editor resource editor, compiler well done!!

Thanks! :)

I note from the name Pelles C does this include a C++ implementation, if not are there any plans for C++ to be implemented in the future?

Yes, Pelles C is C only. I did C++ coding for a few years, but I'm not a huge fan. Also, writing a full-blown C++ compiler is a big task, much bigger than a C compiler. I have no plans in this direction for the moment, but saying never is probably to strong.

Does the file editor come with intellisense, where when you type in something like WndClsEX. or WndClsEx-> it will show a drop down list of members available for that class or struct?

Yes, I added struct/union member lists in v2.90 (just released). It's not perfect yet - no support for nested structures, for example.

Pelle
/Pelle

Anonymous

A couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 11:59:11 AM »
Thanks! Smile

You are welcome!!

You did C++ coding I am still learning it and and think I will be learning it all my living life, it can be very complex at times, I was going to learn C first, then C++ but a friend told me it is better to just learn C++ as it has C as well

From what I have seen so far the differences between C & C++ are
C uses Struct rather than Class and default visibility is public
No inheritence in C
Structs cant include functions like classes can.

Since using the Friend function in C++ can be tricky at times most functions in my C++ are not declared inside classes anyway unless they are helper classes.

I think I will try this Pelles C anyway, and hope that I have learnt enough C from C++

Cheers

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
A couple of questions
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 01:04:20 PM »
In my opinion, it's a bit like the old joke:

Task: Shoot yourself in the foot

C: You shoot yourself in the foot

C++: You accidently create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. Providing emergency medical assistance is impossible since you can't tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and saying "That's me, over there."

Used correctly, C++ can probably create more manageable large applications, but it can also create some really weird, and hard to find, bugs.

Many projects on the web, who claims to be in C++, really only use the "C" part of the language. In the end, I guess it's a matter of personal taste, and possibly what type of programs you want to write...

Pelle
/Pelle