NO

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 4572 times)

joerg

Thanks
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »
I tried my first Pelle-C program under PPC with a lot of trouble to get it run.
Under Win32 I use Borland's CBuilder, and there are some diferences between C++ and VLC and the API Programming in Pelle-C  :?
I read in this forum, tried this and that, and some things of the programm are working now. It a little bit difficult, 'cause I have only the documentation of the Win32 API and I work with "try and error" whats work on the PocketPc.

But all in all, the Pelle-C is a great IDE, and I get the remote debugger running. Thats a great help, and I don't guess, that this function is implemeted.   :D
So again, many many thanks to Pelle =D>

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:26:39 PM »
Thank you Joerg!

Yes, the Pocket PC API documentation is a bit of a problem. You can either do a ~200 MB download, or spend time with the online documentation, but if you are on a 'slow' connection, neither solution is very good...
/Pelle

joerg

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »
A 200 MB download is not so bad. Do you have a link, where I can download it?  
I searched the MS site upside  down, but the only thing I found, was the online doc  :?

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »
/Pelle

The Adder

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 07:07:20 PM »
Quote from: "Pelle"

Yes, the Pocket PC API documentation is a bit of a problem. You can either do a ~200 MB download, or spend time with the online documentation, but if you are on a 'slow' connection, neither solution is very good...

Maybe is an idea to make a link on the site so everyone can use the link   and do not need to search the web for hours and ends up in finding the wrong information  :D

Thanks Pelle  =D>

joerg

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 07:17:18 PM »
@Pelle
Thanks.

I tried this link, but MS will a  "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation".And this silly thing want not run. I tried it before too, and I tried it now.

Why set MS a validation check on an API Documentation ?  :x

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
Thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »
Quote from: "The Adder"
Maybe is an idea to make a link on the site so everyone can use the link   and do not need to search the web for hours and ends up in finding the wrong information

Not sure about download links, but links in general at Microsoft tend to change all the time. Keeping such a link "up-to-date" may be a problem...

Quote from: "joerg"

Why set MS a validation check on an API Documentation ?

I have no clue. One would think that making the documentation easily available would be in Microsoft's best interest...
/Pelle

The Adder

Thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »
Quote from: "joerg"

Why set MS a validation check on an API Documentation ?  :x

It's the complete Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK including samples, images, bla bla, and Documentation in CHM Format. Let see if I can extract it from the installer file...

joerg

Thanks
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 09:21:10 PM »
@Pelle
I don't understand it too. And MS goes in the direction of .NET, so I think the samples and so on are full of .Net stuff. ANd a .NET programmer don't want use a API function.

@The Adder
if you can extract the APIDoc, this will be great.

I don't know the size, but the Win32 API Doc is about 20 MB.
Maybe you can  post it per EMail ? This would be great.
The adress is joerg at buhren dot de

Thanks in advance
  Jörg

The Adder

Thanks
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »
Quote from: "joerg
@The Adder
if you can extract the APIDoc, this will be great.
  Jörg[/quote

I have tried to extract the help files but without success  :(
It looks like the CHM files are compressed or something like that and they can't be read by the standard CHM reader. I think thay you have to install VS2005 to use these files....

joerg

Thanks
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 11:10:21 PM »
I have a VS installed. Its MS Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition. Version 8.05.
But my Version of VS has no WINCE Support  :(
But maybe I can read the chm-files.